•1 12 ounce package frozen shelled edamame (sweet soybeans), thawed
• 1 medium avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and cut up
• 1/4 cup chopped onion
• 3 tablespoons lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons purchased basil pesto
• 3/4 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• Chopped tomato (optional)
• Pita chips or tortilla chips
1. In a food processor combine edamame, avocado, onion, lemon juice, pesto, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and process until well combined and nearly smooth. Place dip in an airtight container; cover. Chill until serving time.
2. To serve, top with tomato and additional sea salt and pepper. Serve with pita or tortilla chips. Makes 2-1/2 cups dip (twenty 2-Tbsp. servings).