The Quacker FactoryKeymasterNovember 19, 2014 at 3:26 pmPost count: 177
Since it’s all about the Sparkle and Shine here at Quacker Factory…here’s a simple craft to add some pizzazz to your Thanksgiving table this year! Take your traditional fruit filled Cornucopia and tweak it for a more festive look. Paint your centerpiece with colored glitter, to coordinate with your china! The possibilities are endless! Fall colors… purples, orange, and maroon…fun, fun, fun! One of our Quacker team members has gold and silver place settings/chargers, so that was the starting point for choosing this color palette!
Thanksgiving …with a Gold and Silver Lining!
Supplies You’ll Need:
Most of these items can be purchased at your local craft store like Michaels, JoAnns, Hobby Lobby or Home Depot
• Any Cornucopia – wicker, straw like, will take to the paint easily.
• Fake Fruit ( apples, pears, squash, bananas, grapes etc…
• A couple cans of your chosen color of solid colored spray paint
• A couple cans of your chosen color of glitter spray paint
• A couple pieces of trim with leaves or pine cones
• You can also purchase some already glittered fruit if it comes in your color selection.
1) Simply spray your Cornucopia with one coat of your paint. Let dry and maybe spray one more if still not fully covered.
2) Decide what colors your fruit/trim will be and how many pieces will be each of the colors. Spray the first coat using regular solid paint. Metallics are good for adding ‘Shine’ for the first coat. When dry, spray a coat of your glitter spray on each item. Let dry completely.
3) Stuff your Cornucopia with some filling since the fruit is only visible at the opening, then start placing your items as desired, flowing out of the opening and down your table. That’s all there is to it!
Have a Fabulous and Festive Thanksgiving…with all the “Sparkly” trimmings.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.