Our Living Tablecloth2015-08-14T17:30:12-04:00

Home Forums Crafts & Decorations Our Living Tablecloth

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

My Mother has been doing embroidery my entire life; there are countless pieces she has completed on display in many of our families’ homes as well as all around our home. Mom has always said that embroidering is her “therapy”- her way to relax & unwind.

Many years ago, my cousin asked Mom if she could help out a friend (Lisa) of hers with a project idea she was working on. Lisa hosts Thanksgiving every year, she started having her family & friends sign the tablecloth as a way of ‘recording’ the memories. Lisa wanted Mom to embroider the signatures and notes to not only decorate the tablecloth but also to ensure the notes, artwork, and signatures would remain forever. Mom has been sewing their tablecloth for over 20 years now; we’ve been able to see their kids ‘grow up’ from making their little hand print turkeys to going into the military and living all over the world.

Mom loved the idea & really looked forward to getting the tablecloth every year after Thanksgiving to add that year’s memories. Then in 2008 we saw Jeanne Bice in a video on Quacker Factory.com explaining about her Grateful Tablecloth. Jeanne used colored sharpie markers for her tablecloth. Mom asked Jeanne if she would like Mom to embroider her tablecloth & Jeanne’s response was “No thanks, I’ll keep it the way it is stains & all”.

We decided to start our own tablecloth for our Christmas Eve dinner and another one for Easter. Our family just loves writing new memories and looking back at the newly embroidered additions from the previous year. The tablecloth is a wonderful way to share your gratitude and thanks for everything you have been blessed with that year. We’ve even had Angel, Patrick & Susan over when the tablecloth has been out. Mom embroidering those signatures preserves them for generations to come. This is especially nice when a loved one is no longer with us, you can look and remember them at your holiday dinner.

Our ‘Living Tablecloth’ is a continually evolving canvas & a gift that we will pass on to our future generations.

Arlene and Alicia

To stay up to date at what’s Quackin’ at the Quacker Factory, join the email list! Click here to sign up to receive emails from Quacker Factory – Click Here

To follow Quacker Factory with Angel on Facebook,Click Here

To follow Quacker Factory with Patrick on Facebook, Click Here

• Christine Beutner

What a BEAUTIFUL idea. This is wonderful, and truly touches my heart. … and gives me lots of ideas
      Thank you for sharing!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK