MINI SHORTCAKE CUPS2017-06-27T14:11:02-04:00

Home Forums Chicks’ Night In Quacky Endings MINI SHORTCAKE CUPS

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

MINI SHORTCAKE CUPS

INGREDIENTS:

• Prepared angel food cake, cut into cubes
        • Fresh strawberries and blueberries (see variations below)
        • Whipped cream

INSTRUCTIONS:

A FEW TIPS FOR THESE LITTLE DESSERT CUPS

1 I used basic white plastic spoons with a few star shaped foam stickers. Easy peasy. If you’re looking for cute, try the short wooden spoons. But be forewarned, you can’t find those at Walmart or the dollar store, you’ll have to plan ahead and order them or find a party supply store that carries them.
      2 When looking for containers for these individual shortcake cups I found some plastic snack cups with lids at Walmart in the aisle where plastic utensils, paper plates and napkins are sold. I thought these were ideal in case anyone wanted to take any home, they could just pop on a lid!
      3 You can use Cool Whip if you like. I actually used whipping cream and I beat it in my mixer with some powdered sugar. I don’t have anything against Cool Whip or canned whipping cream. To each his own. So you go ahead and use whatever you like best. It won’t offend me!
      4 If you want to make these mini shortcake cups ahead of time you totally can, just don’t add the whipped cream until you are almost ready to serve them. Whipped cream, especially fresh that you have whipped yourself that does not contain stabilizers, can begin to collapse as time passes by. It’s safe to add the whipped topping a few hours before serving, just keep them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to hand them out.

(This recipe was acquired from AmandasCookin.com)

Attachments:
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK