Jeanne’s Shrimp Salad!2020-05-19T11:17:07-04:00

Home Forums Summer Recipes Jeanne’s Shrimp Salad!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Jeanne’s Shrimp Salad…

Makes 10-12 servings!

Ingredients:

• 1 large bag of corkscrew noodles
      • 3 pounds large cooked shrimp, tails off
      • 10 cans of medium deveined shrimp (Orlean’s brand is preferred)
      • 1 pint Hellmann’s mayonnaise
      • 1 pint Miracle Whip
      • 1 pint sour cream
      • Sugar to taste (about 1 teaspoon)
      • Salt to taste
      • Pepper, to taste
      • 1 large green or yellow onion, chopped
      • 1 envelope Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix
      • Mustard sauce- optional
      • Cocktail sauce (optional)

Cook the noodle until they are firm, a little longer than al dente. While the noodles are cooking, open the cans of shrimp & drain in a colander.

In a medium bowl, mix together the Hellmann’s mayonnaise, Miracle Whip & sour cream, reserving about 3 tablespoons of the mixture for just prior to serving.

Add a dab of sugar to pique the flavors; add salt & pepper to taste. To this, add sparingly a few sprinkles of the Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix. Remember, you can always add more, but it’s really impossible to take it out of you overdo it!

When the noodles are done, drain them and rinse with warm tap water. The noodles should be warm when you add the mayonnaise mixture because it will add a richer flavor. Put the noodles in a very large bowl. (I use a large roasting pan so I have enough room to mix well.) Sprinkle half of the chopped onion over noodles, and then start adding the mayonnaise mixture until the noodles are well covered. Add the shrimp and the remaining onion; mix well. Now taste. If you prepare the salad the day before you’re serving it, the flavors will deepen. If you are making and serving it the same day, it should taste exactly like you want it to taste.

When you’re satisfied with the flavor, add the leftover mayonnaise mixture and toss. The final salad should be the consistency of potato salad. If you make it a day ahead, the sauce will soak into the noodles, so you will have to add more sauce before serving. This recipe is so good and really worth it! You will get so much praise from the crowd.

When it comes time to serve it, I like to dibble-dabble a little mustard sauce and cocktail sauce over the top of mine. Serve with a bed of salad greens or tomato wedges.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK