Chicken Tortilla Soup by Karen Johnson2015-08-14T22:09:16-04:00

Home Forums Recipes Chicken Tortilla Soup by Karen Johnson

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I asked our good friend Karen Johnson to share this recipe with us!!!

Hi – this is really easy, but delicious. Thank you to my sister, and Quacker Kathy Savage, for this recipe. We customized it to our own tastes – she used the whole chicken, I used the package. She used the chunky Rotel, I used the original only.

Angel xo

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Ingredients:

• 3 packages of the deli pre-cooked chicken pieces cutting them into smaller pieces. (You can buy a whole chicken and cut it up, but the pre-cooked pieces were easier to cut and less greasy). Set aside.

• 1/2 Cup butter

• 1/2 Cup flour

• 6 Cups chicken broth

• 2 Cups whole milk

• 16 oz. package Velveeta cheese, cut into small chunks to melt faster

• 2 10 oz cans Rotel Original Tomatoes and chillies (can also substitute 1 can of chunky Rotel in place of one of the tomato and chillies cans)

• 2 Tsp cumin

• 2 Tsp chili powder

• Tortilla strips (I used the tri-color kind for presentation)

Instructions:

1. In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat and add the flour. Stir and cook, stirring often for about 3 minutes.

2. Slowly whisk in 1 cup of chicken broth, then add the remaining 5 cups. Add the milk.

3. Stir in the Velveeta chunks until melted. NOTE: Soup may scorch easily at this point, so watch the heat!

4. Add the Rotel tomatoes (whole can with juice), cup up chicken pieces and spices.

5. Cook until heated through. Ladle into bowls and serve with the tortilla strips.

6. You can also top with a dollop of sour cream and/or some grated cheese (Colby Jack or cheddar is good).

Enjoy!

To stay up to date at what’s Quackin’ at the Quacker Factory, join the email list! Click here to sign up to receive emails from Quacker Factory – Click Here

To follow Quacker Factory with Angel on Facebook,Click Here

To follow Quacker Factory with Patrick on Facebook, Click Here

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK